Adelaide Botanic garden
The Adelaide Botanic Garden is a 51-hectare public garden located at the north-east corner of the Adelaide city center.
It encompasses a fenced garden on North Terrace (between the old Royal Adelaide Hospital site and the National Wine Centre)
Work began on the garden in 1855, with its official opening to the public on 4 October 1857.
The Palm House located inside the botanic garden is a Victorian-era glasshouse located to the west of the main lake.
It was designed by the German architect Gustav Runge [de] (1822-1900) and imported from Bremen, Germany in 1875. It was opened in 1877 and was restored in 1995 and 2018. It is the second-oldest glasshouse in Australia, and the only known one of German manufacture from that period left in the world, all others having been destroyed during World War II.